Re: Debugging makefiles

Previously Brian May wrote:
> Regardless, I personally like autoconf, automake, and libtool. It makes
> it easier to have a consistant and full featured build interface to my
> programs.

It depends on your needs I guess. I find automake useless for anything
that is not trivial. The day I replaced the dpkg buildsystem with a
simple nice Makefile system that no longer used automake was an
extremely good day.

I am hoping that a-a-p (http://www.a-a-p.org/) will turn out to be
a good replacement for autoconf/automake/libtool and friends.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org                    http://www.wiggy.net/ |