Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

Le Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 05:52:24PM +0300, Bdale Garbee écrivait:
> > I agree. Actually I was slightly surprised to discover it isn't possible
> > to do that at the moment.
>
> There are pathological cases either way.  The way it is currently implemented
> reflects the bias many have against MIA maintainers, at the possible expense
> of an occasional active but "slow" maintainer.  I'm not convinced it's worth
> changing.

I feel it would be useful too. In the good old days, files in incoming could
be deleted/moved by any Debian developer and it was regularly used.

For the DELAYED stuff, it's the same. I see no reason why we shouldn't
leave the ability to remove a package from it. Imagine that a first
person makes an NMU, but doesn't test it well. A second person
interested by this NMU downloads it from DELAYED but detects a problem.
He can do nothing but contact the NMUer (or upload another package with
a shorter delay). On the contrary, the maintainer itself may be happy by
the NMU and he wants to move it from DELAYED to incoming right now. Etc.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com