Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

* Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) wrote:
> Le Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 01:01:33PM -0500, The Doctor What écrivait:
> > * Elie Rosenblum (fnord@cosanostra.net) [020902 11:43]:
> > > DELAYED is fine. Not submitting a bug is not fine.
> >
> > Can DELAYED be set up to email the maintainer with the changelog?
> >
> > Would that help the "unexpected" NMU from ambushing the maintainer?
>
> The NMUer sends a mail (the patch) at the same time he uploads to
> DELAYED. So there's no point in doing anything automatic with DELAYED...

The NMUer is supposted to, yes.  Unfortunately it doesn't always work
that way and as such I think it'd still be nice to get a notice from the
system that there is a package you maintain uploaded by someone else in
the DELAYED queue.

Additionally I'm of half a mind to suggest that the maintainer have the
ability to remove the files from the DELAYED system; their timing may be
off, the person who put them there may be unavailable, etc.  Though
according the guidelines one isn't supposted to NMU if the maintainer is
active so (assuming people follow the guidelines) this ability might not
get used much.

	Stephen