Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

Hi Elie!

You wrote:

> The NMU was made before I was in any way contacted.

That's exactly why it was uploaded to DELAYED instead of incoming.

> I don't think anyone is arguing that the fix isn't needed; I don't,
> however, appreciate being treated like an MIA maintainer and having

If so, why didn't you upgrade the package before? There has been ample
warning about the perl 5.8 transition and the BSP.

> my responsibilities coopted. There is no urgency that requires an
> NMU if it's not important enough to file a bug.

Oh, I could very well have filed a grave bug along with the NMU. I just
found it more convenient to mail the maintainer directly. I agree with
you that the guidelines state that this communication should be done via
the BTS (I wasn't aware of that, and I will do that in the future), but
I find this a minor issue, because it wouldn't have changed anything.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |