Re: RFC: OpenLDAP and TLS/SSL

I forgot to consider what happens when a Debian-built versioned binary
is used with a non-Debian no-versioned library.

Here is Drepper's explanation:
The last case is if the object with the references uses symbol
versions but the object with the definitions has none.  In this case a
matching symbol is accepted unless the object's name matches the one
in the Elfxx_Verneed entry.  In the latter case this is a fatal error.
In fact, this should never have happened in the first place since it
would mean the list of required symbols was not correct and the steps
required in the last section therefore haven't detected a too old
version of an object file.

It seems that this would cause an error... Argh.
I'll look at the source to check whether this is true.

If it is, we also have to somehow setup the toolchain so that binaries
are built unversioned until everyone adopts versioning (or until
everyone patches the dynamic linker to avoid this fatal error).