xaw3d incompatibilities

Hi all,

I'm trying to update 'axe' to fix the latest bug filed against it
(#120234), but I can't figure out what's the current situation with this
whole Xaw incompatibility business. Does XFree4 still have these
incompatibility problems? What is the new mechanism for dealing with this?
(xaw-wrappers doesn't exist anymore, obviously.)

I've been searching through the mailing list archives and didn't find
anything helpful. I haven't been able to keep up with debian-devel, so I
could have missed something really obvious. Clue-bats welcome, as long as
they come with directions. :-)

The heroine goes where no man has gone before... the lady's washroom!