Re: Get rid of /etc/mtab ?

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 09:45:46PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> > > They don't have to use the link
> >
> > Then what's the point of this whole discussion?
>
> To provide and support that option for people that don't want
> /etc/mtab requiring / to be RW.

those who want something non-standard can screw up their own systems
however they please.

attemtping to force this idiocy on everyone is beyond stupid.

it seems that the decline of debian is disturbingly advanced.  we used
to make good decisions for solid technical reasons.   nothing lasts
forever.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>