Re: Get rid of /etc/mtab ?

Brian May set us up the following:

> I am not sure I get your point. Do you have a
> /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 file?
>
> On my non-devfs system, I certainly don't.

do you happen to have a /dev/root device?
i don't. that is where /proc/mounts claims / is mounted, in a non-devfs
knowledgeable kernel (verified on 2.4.18 and 2.2.19).

so, again, i have to ask, where is the problem? in either case,
/proc/mounts thinks / is mounted on a device that does not exist in /dev
at all.

so that is either an endorsement for /etc/mtab being a file, or for
devfs being mounted on /dev, not sure which :)

-john