Re: Get rid of /etc/mtab ?

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 20:45, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> > > They don't have to use the link
> >
> > Then what's the point of this whole discussion?
>
> To provide and support that option for people that don't want
> /etc/mtab requiring / to be RW.

touch /var/mtab; ln -s /var/mtab /etc/mtab

Nowhere does it say that / should be mountable readonly, /usr, yes, but
not /var.  I imagine many more things would be broken by doing this than
you'd initially expect.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?