Re: Menu code update (7/25)

On Jul 26, Denis Barbier wrote:
> I have no python2.2 here at work, so I can't send the exact error message.
> It crashed with a trace callback ending with 'invalid ASCII code (128)'
> or something like that.  But there is no indication on which file is
> being parsed.
> To reproduce it you only have to put a non-ASCII (>127) character in
> any file.

Ah.  I'll improve the error handling there.

> Depending on context, SortOrder may or may not be locale dependent.
> For instance if you are listing language codes it is natural to display
> current language first.

Yes, but that has relatively little to do with the menu system in
Debian (more to do with .directory items for things like Nautilus -
the spec is fairly general in that regard).

> Also as format is extensible some new translatable keys may appear.

True.  Again, that will be be in the policy (and the .desktop
standard, which the menu policy inherits from).

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765