Re: pam_console for debian

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 08:28:22PM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> Because you give access to a group of persons instead of to only the
> owner of the camera.

While this is really a local policy decision...

In my setup, I want to allow anybody who can plug the camera in (ie
local console access) access to the camera that they just plugged in.

Allowing somebody to plug the camera in, but not allowed to access it,
is just plain weird.

Allowing remote users to spy on me via a camera I accidently left
plugged in is just plan stupid.

Not that you can totally solve this with standard Unix permissions, but
other stuff might be able to help (eg. maybe SE-Linux; requires further
work).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>