Re: pam_console for debian

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 08:14:21PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi christophe!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > For gphoto2, I am working on integrating hotplug code to give the
> > permission to access the cam to the user in front of the computer.
> > The RedHat package uses a script which reads the file
> >    /var/{run,lock}/console.lock
> > which contains the user login. This file is created by pam_console.
>
> Please do not use this kind of ugly hacks, but just give access to
> everyone in the camera (or whatever)  group.

What do you call an ugly hack ?
My point is not to use pam_console. Instead I am asking if there is a
clean way to know which user is in front of the computer. If yes, it
would be possible to give access to the only one that have interest on
it.
Giving everyone in a given group access to the camera (the current
solution) is not ideal.

Christophe

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.
--English proverb