Re: pam_console for debian

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 01:14:29AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> > What solution do you propose?
>
> pam_group. Doesn't it allow adding the "camera" group to every use
> that logs in locally?

errr... Bas Zoetekouw said why this has limited benefit in his
previous E-Mail.

Personally, I don't mind. It just means that using pam_group
results in "allow everyone access who has logged into the console
at same point in time in the past.", and users who don't have console
access will never get access[1].

(I am assuming that nobody with access would be deliberately trying to
allow others to get access; I don't think you can prevent this using
only standard Unix permissions).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>