Re: pam_console for debian

On mer, 2002-07-24 at 22:32, christophe barbé wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 08:14:21PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > Hi christophe!
> >
> > You wrote:
> >
> > > For gphoto2, I am working on integrating hotplug code to give the
> > > permission to access the cam to the user in front of the computer.
> > > The RedHat package uses a script which reads the file
> > >    /var/{run,lock}/console.lock
> > > which contains the user login. This file is created by pam_console.
> >
> > Please do not use this kind of ugly hacks, but just give access to
> > everyone in the camera (or whatever)  group.
>
> What do you call an ugly hack ?
> My point is not to use pam_console. Instead I am asking if there is a
> clean way to know which user is in front of the computer. If yes, it
> would be possible to give access to the only one that have interest on
> it.

Hi,

 I had a discussion with the debian pam maintainer years ago about this
topic.

 One solution is to use pam_group to add a user to a special, and
ususaly empty, group if he's loggued on the :0 display.

 Unfortunately I never managed to get pam_group understand the :0 syntax
into /etc/security/group.conf.

 Tell me if you get any success.

SEb