Re: Planned packages for sarge

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 09:50:23PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * J?r?me Marant
>
> | So, would you mind telling us a bit more about d-i?
>
> sure. :)

Here's a higher-level question.. what are the goals, and how
is it better than boot-floppies?

On Sunday night I did a woody install from scratch on a new machine; 6
floppies plus the network connection. Two things struck me:
firstly, how perfectly it worked, and secondly how the overall flow of
the installation, and parts of the installer UI, have not changed since
my first install of 1.1 back in 1996/97. I think that's quite an
achievement in itself - the old UI from 1997 is still good.

Of course, less than 6 floppies would be good. I only needed one driver
off the 4 driver disks (ne2k-pci).

Hamish