Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

Em Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:35:07 +0200, Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> escreveu:

> > configuration file. Basically, I'd use the following logic:
>
> As most users do not have system administrator rights, they shouldn't be
> shown these menu entries.
> Instead a user that has access to root should put
> "root-command=gnome-sudo" etc. into a config file (like .menurc)
> in order to get these entries.

I do feel this need... su-to-root could be hacked to use such config
option, or we should create alternatives, such as x-su and x-sudo
to be handled by update-alternatives (someone needs to write a graphical
tool for this one, also =P)

I don't think we should limit the choice to sudo only, so an option
to select which one of those two methods is used is in order... some
people just don't like to use sudo.

> Still it is a known fact that too many options make users use none of
> them, whereas if they see only a limited set they might use more of
> them. So if the menus are so stuffed they do not find the apps they
> actually want to use, they'll not use them.

Agree completly.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>