Re: (Possible) menu code rewrite

Em Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:10:12 +0100, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> escreveu:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:03:58PM +0100, Phil Cowans wrote:
> > I'd concede that it is possibly too complex - on reflection I think that
> > it would be fine just to base whether a menu item is shown on whether
> > the user is capable of using sudo to run it with the required uid.
>
> I think that's a nice idea. Unfortunately, /etc/sudoers isn't
> world-readable, and 'sudo -l' requires a password, so it may not be
> possible.

That's why xsu, gnome-sudo and gksu (gksudo on the same package) were created,
I guess.. at least I wrote gksu to be able to ask for root or another
user's password graphicaly on my 2 other programs (gkdebconf and gkdial).
I guess there's a kdesu, also.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>