Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 12:14:36AM -0500, Adam F. Rogoyski wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Russell Coker wrote:
> > I think that all decisions are being quite objective.  Also there's nothing
> > stopping you from having another DebConf in another location.
>
>    I think discounting US cities for any reasons I have seen so far have
> not been objective, but rather based on personal feelings which are not
> relevant to holding an affordable and accommodating event.

I don't think it's so much about discounting US cities but don't but
surprised if certain people don't come because of that.

For me it's more the US stance on the ABM treaty and their non-ratification
of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (the only other country being
Somalia). The fact that they're allowed to detain me and fingerprint me on
entry because I come from a dangerous country (Australia). Among many other
things. Other recent actions of the US are merely icing on the cake.