Re: DebConf 2 post-mortem

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 08:32:36PM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> In future certainly we have $3500 (plus everything else) which we can
> use for whatever we want, but for exactly what is SPI's decision.

Well, the money was earmarked for Debian, so strictly speaking it's
the Debian Project's decision on how to dispose of it.  SPI will only
object to an expenditure if it would violate our charter or the law, or
otherwise threaten our not-for-profit status.

There are two ways an expediture of Debian funds can be requested of
SPI:

1) The Debian Project Leader makes a request.
2) The Debian Project passes a General Resolution making the request.

To date, only method 1) has been used.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only