Re: http.us rotation Was: PGI installer ISO image (BETA) for woody now available

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 09:45:17AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> Changing the window size doesn't change the size of packets, which is
> determined by the MTU (MSS)

Damn, I mixed those up again. Thanks for the explanation.

> There are three values in each field, which includes both default and
> maximum values. The suggestion was (AIUI) that you increase the maximums
> for both rmem and wmem, but not the default.

maswan told me to increase both the default and the maximum... but you're
right, probably since each time the systems were running Linux, I figure
they were simply autotuning to the maximum value.

In any case, merely raising the maximum value doesn't sound like a bad idea
in case the testing from auric to tier1 mirrors shows better transfer rates.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.