Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 08:01:49PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > As you may have heard, 4.2.0 packages are currently in experimental
> > pre-release.  Now is a perfect time to offer me feedback on how you'd
> > like to see XFree86's usage of debconf change.  Hint, hint.
>
> Basically: Write a lossless parser; feed in to debconf; ask questions;
> write a lossless modifier; make changes.

I am afraid that I do not feel that writing a parser for XF86Config
files for debconf's purposes is high enough on my priority list that I
am likely to tackle it in time for the woody+1 release.  There is simply
too much else to be done with XFree86.

That said, I certainly wouldn't reject patch submissions out of hand.

Anyone interested in this project can likely start with
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c for implementation
hints.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      To stay young requires unceasing
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      cultivation of the ability to