Re: Little things make the initial install experience painful

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 23:00, Michael Stone wrote:
> That's preferred, IMHO. You shouldn't just get a new os because you
> apt-get update one day. You *should* need to take an extra step and read
> the release notes before doing such an upgrade.

...and if you come to an unknown system that has "hamm" in its
sources.list, it tells you more about the system then if it listed
"unstable" instead.

(sure, you could also check /etc/debian_version, but I can't always
remember the version number for a particular release of Debian).
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>