Re: Proposal for fixing automake (was Re: State of automake packages)

Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org> immo vero scripsit:

> The first thing that needs to be done is to upgrade the 1.4 and 1.5
> packages to their newer upstream versions to hopefully close some
> bugs. They should be changed to conflict with each other, but not all
> versions of automake. I think /usr/bin/automake should be an
> alternative, with automake 1.4 having the highest priority.

Hmm.. it's not an alternative if it is not compatible.
It's like bison and yacc, gpc and gcc.

They are alternative ways of doing one thing, but they are not
necessarily compatible.

I don't see problems with having different packages conflicting
with each other.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4