Re: State of automake packages

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 20:12, Jordi Mallach wrote:

> What's up with the automake packages?

The initial problem at least is that "compatible" is not a word most
people choose to describe automake 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.

> How handle automake now that Woody is frozen is another question. Will
> automake get back to being the latest version? I guess it's the right
> moment to break things in unstable.

If an application was written to use automake 1.4 or before, automake
1.4 is the latest version of automake you can use to generate the
Makefile.ins for it.  This is the majority of applications, and will
probably remain so for quite some time.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?