Re: How do I install woody on 160 GB harddisk on KT333 chipset?

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 07:19:05AM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > Oh no, it's a valid complaint for this list, given that I doubt woody's
> > default kernel even boots on such a system.  I know that it does not boot
> > on mine, and my box is at least a year old.
>
> ... hence why bf2.4 is provided.

But this didn't have Andre's IDE patch, which is needed for certain IDE
controllers (anything with ATA 133 simply doesn't work without it, for
example..)

It shouldn't take a Debian developer of four years now more than six hours
to get a base system installed on a desktop machine.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      Intelligent backside at large

Granted, Win95's look wasn't all that new either - Apple tried to sue
Microsoft for copying the Macintosh UI / trash can icon, until Microsoft
pointed out that Apple got many of its Mac ideas (including the trash can
icon) from Xerox ParcPlace.  Xerox is probably still wondering why
everyone is interested in their trash cans.
        -- Danny Thorpe, Borland Delphi R&R