Re: SuSE, Caldera, Connectiva and TurboLinux to do a new distribution togerther?

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 08:42, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:

> I saw the apt-get port for RPM for RedHat from Connectiva. I was sitting
> on a RedHat, and for the first look, it felt like a debian.... but only
> for the first look.

That's becuase while apt is a very cool piece of software, it isn't
magical.  Having apt-get on your system doesn't automatically bring with
it hundreds of active Debian developers who care about the software
they're packaging.

In other words, it's the Debian developers who really make Debian
packages so easy to install, and keep Debian at such a high level of
quality, not apt-get.