Re: command -v in postinsts violating policy

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 03:53:28PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> A new tool which does what is desired would eliminate the need to do any
> bogus shell redirection, or worry about subtle shell incompatibilities.
> Since modifying 'which' to be able to be quiet could interfere with expected
> (though obscure) behaviour of 'which', the problem could be solved be
> creating a new program, named something else, which would be quiet by
> default.

Why don't we collect the possible list of command that would be usefull on
package configuration?
Me and other DD were going to build package collecting this types of commands.
Most probably we will call it confhelper.

just to begin:

- mysql db setup
- pgsql db setup
- user existance
- group existance
- command existence
- exim trust user
- get apache configuration

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have