Re: Bugs being closed faster than filed: Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:20:49AM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> > 	http://bugs.debian.org/~ajt/graph.png
> >
> > which is that since the number of bugs is increasing, more are being
> > filed than closed, although the difference is fairly marginal.
>
> Actually i don't trust that graph as much: we've been pushing hard at
> reducing the number of bugs, and i don't see any bug squish partys in
> there. You only see the mass-filed bugs.

Well, the bug-squashing parties have negligible effect on non-RC bugs
for the most part, on the "fix only what you absolutely have to in an
NMU" principle. Since RC bugs are quite a small proportion of all bugs -
a couple of percent if you count the ones on packages not in woody which
don't show up in bugscan's report - I wouldn't expect to see BSPs having
a massive effect on the total bug count.