Re: Bugs being closed faster than filed: Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 07:31:54PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> http://bugs.debian.org/~doogie/open-archived.png
> The green line is the total number of bugs in the system, including
> open/active, closed/active, and archived.  The red line is the number of
> archived bugs.
>
> The blue line is the change value for the green line, and the cyan line is teh
> change value for the red line.

The cyan line is described as "just opened bugs", and the it's the
green and cyan lines that flatline, so the cyan is the derivative of
the green line.

> The flat line that appears on the right is due to the 28 day lag for archived
> bugs.

...which would appear to indicate that it's the green/cyan lines that
represents archived bugs, contradicting the descriptions.

Oddly the graphs appear to go well into June 2002, too.

> As you can see, the number of bugs being archived is growing faster than the
> number of bugs being filed.  This is very good news.

I don't think your graphs make enough sense to try drawing conclusions
from them, yet.

Additionally, that conclusion would be in direct contradiction to what you'd
naturally conclude from

	http://bugs.debian.org/~ajt/graph.png

which is that since the number of bugs is increasing, more are being
filed than closed, although the difference is fairly marginal.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif