Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 19:40, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> I'm philosophically opposed to that, and think anyone else designing a
> human-computer interface ought to be to.

You could argue this isn't meant to be the human-computer interface, but
a low level tool. (I am not sure what the Hurd people will think of
this).

For instance, it would be easy to have a wrapper (whether GUI or text
based) that searches for the translator for you and then calls settrans.

The only real issue I have with this is: what happens if a translator
moves? Does everything have to be changed?

Such things are really off-topic for this long and endless thread
though.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>