Re: CVS directories in debian packages

    Ola> Well you have to tag each release in the cvs for
    Ola> cvs-buildpackage to work. Yes I could automate that. I used
    Ola> to with the orm package (that I wrote for such situations)
    Ola> but I asked for its removal becuase it was outdated. Maybe I
    Ola> have to start develop it again.

The following does that painlessly and has the added benefit of
terminating if you haven't checked in all your changes.  If the 'tag:'
target is the first target in your debian/rules then invoking
'./debian/rule' in the top-level directory will even save you typing
for charaters.

  version	:= $(shell dpkg-parsechangelog | \
			sed -ne 's/^Version: *\([0-9]\+:\)*//p')

  tag:
	cvs tag -c -F $(subst .,_,debian_version_$(version))
  ifeq ($(findstring -,$(version)),)
	cvs tag -c -F $(subst .,_,upstream_version_$(version))
  endif

HTH

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emporer just cause some moistened bint lobbed a
scimitar at me they'd put me away"