Re: CVS directories in debian packages

>>"Ola" == Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org> writes:

 Ola> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 11:01:21PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> It does not make sense for source packages either; CVS
 >> directories in source trees cause havoc when trying to later import
 >> the sources into another CVS repository (for example, a user trying
 >> to keep local modifications of debian sources in a local CVS).

 Ola> Well you assume that all source packages are from an external
 Ola> upstream.  That is not always the case. In fact many of the
 Ola> packages I maintain (like java-common, harden etc) is generated
 Ola> from a cvs dir. It is very convenient. How can you exclude the
 Ola> CVS dirs from the source package then?

	*ALL* my packages come from local CVS, including the one I am
 upstream on, None of them contain CVS dirs. Indeed, saying you are
 keeping sources in CVS is no excuse for not following guidelines laid
 out in CVS docs, even.

 Ola> Well I can export on every build but that takes quite a lot of time.
 Ola> I like to build from the normal cvs dir.

	I have not found that to be the case. cvs-buildpackage takes
 marginally more time than dpkg-buildpackage, but not perceptibly so.

	Sounds like you are saying you are too lazy to do the right thing.

	manoj
--
 Pick another fortune cookie.