Re: libreadline

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:16:01PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> > Well, we've got mozilla's SSL implementation under a reasonable enough
> > license IIRC.  But most things don't support using that yet.
>
> What is the license of libnss3? /usr/doc/libnss3/copyright says it could
> be either NPL, MPL, or GPL.
>
> GNU do not consider the NPL or MPL as compatable with the GPL, for
> details see <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/NPL/NPL-1.0.html> and
> <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.html>.

IIRC, it is now available under all three.  The FSF does not consider the
Artistic license of perl to be GPL-compatible either, but perl is licensed
under both that and the GPL, so they're happy enough with it.

The Clarified Artistic license should be perfectly compatible with the
GPL, as far as I know.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>               This end upside-down

Gold, n.:
  A soft malleable metal relatively scarce in distribution.  It is mined
  deep in the earth by poor men who then give it to rich men who immediately
  bury it back in the earth in great prisons, although gold hasn't done
  anything to them.
        -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"