Re: Virus Checking - COMPLETELY UNENCUMBERED!

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 08:41:11PM -0700, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> > Or tried to feed a .bz2 from 2 gigabytes of zeroes through an amavis
> > with an unpacking partition of 150MB.
>
> That's interesting.  Good thing I limit mail messages to 10MB with the
> MTA, I guess.

That might not help.  Gigabytes of zeroes compress really well :)
The actual .bz2 file can be under your 10MB limit, and still fill up
any partition you try to unpack it in.  So the virus scanner needs
to be smart enough to deal with this.

Richard Braakman