Re: ext3 root partition with kernel-image packages

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:11:35PM -0500, Jeff Carr wrote:
> Yes, but does the kernel try ext3 before ext2 in every case? If not,

If both are compiled in, yes. If ext2 is built-in and ext3 is a module,
no. I'm not sure what happens when both are modules and ext2 is
insmodded before ext3. The other way round it works.

> then I think the correct way is to stipulate that in /etc/filesystems.
> There might be a better way than that though too.

The kernel does not look int /etc/filesystems, does it?

Michael Meskes
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire!
Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!