Re: ext3 root partition with kernel-image packages

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 13:32, Paul Hedderly wrote:

> I think it's the order that that kernel tries the filesystems it knows
> about... if it tries ext2 before ext3, and ext2 says - oh yes I know
> about this one... ext3 will never get a chance to try!

My default install of woody doesn't have a /etc/filesystems file. Is it
the debian default to not make one? /etc/filesystems is one of the ways
mount decides what filesystem types to try. I think most other dists
include one. So if you put:

ext3
ext2
vfat

in that file, mount will always try those first in that order. Read the
mount man page for more info.
Jeff

--
Jeff Carr <Jeff.Carr@eng.nciaccess.com>