Problem with apt-get or gnus

     I have emacs21 installed, and wanted to install gnus:

bob:vc-/2:bob>sudo apt-get install gnus w3-el-e20
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  emacs20 mule-ucs
  emacs20 gnus mule-ucs w3-el-e20
0 packages upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 68  not upgraded.

     The gnus package file shows:

Depends: ucf, emacs20 | emacs21 | xemacs20 | xemacs21, fileutils (>= 4.0)

     Since I have emacs21 installed, why does apt-get want to install
emacs20?  Is this an apt-get bug, a malformed Depends: line in gnus,
or a lack of understanding of the Depends: mechanism on my part?

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>