Re: BrainFlex is good for you.

"Adam Majer" <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:01:44PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:49:06PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh com on - 5+April+May+June+July+23=5+2*30+2*31+23=122+28=150.
> > > Divide it by 28, 21 or whatever and you have an answer. ie. It is
> > > not that difficult. (even  better, take a modulus instead of divide]
> >
> > You clearly have no idea at all about how much of a chore making such
> > a calculation on the fly is for my wife.  Hell, forget about my wife.
> > *I* hate doing calculations like this.  Consulting a calendar is much
> > handier and less error-prone.
>
> Why? I don't understand why people would hate to do these types of simple
> calculations if they were not ignorant in the first place. Sure, it _may_
> be difficult but isn't it difficult to walk if you didn't walk before?

[...]

>From your statements in this thread I expect that you don't have a
watch on your wrist and have no clocks and calendars at your home,
because you can determine the time of day and the date by some simple
calculations.  What the heck, simply add the days passed since your
birth to your birthday and you have the current date.  And after all
the cycle of the sun and the moon are more reliable than the one of
an average women.

manolo, thinking that mencal is much more useful than
kernel-patch-lpp because it actually yields information instead of
hiding it like the latter.
--
  ... and don't get caught in the .NET!