BrainFlex is good for you.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:01:44PM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:49:06PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> >
> > Oh com on - 5+April+May+June+July+23=5+2*30+2*31+23=122+28=150.
> > Divide it by 28, 21 or whatever and you have an answer. ie. It is
> > not that difficult. (even  better, take a modulus instead of divide]
>
> You clearly have no idea at all about how much of a chore making such
> a calculation on the fly is for my wife.  Hell, forget about my wife.
> *I* hate doing calculations like this.  Consulting a calendar is much
> handier and less error-prone.

Why? I don't understand why people would hate to do these types of simple
calculations if they were not ignorant in the first place. Sure, it _may_
be difficult but isn't it difficult to walk if you didn't walk before?

This isn't a joke - you don't use your brain, you will loose your brain
just like people in a wheel chair loose their leg muscles. Maybe it's
just me, but I haven't seen many devoted mathematicians and physics
dying of neurological diseases. For example, Mr. Hawking. I'm more
than sure that he would have been dead many moons ago if it wasn't
for the fact that he uses actually uses his brain. Doctors have
told him that his condition is terminal after about 6 months and here
he is 20 years later.

My suggestion for you and your wife (and hell, as it looks from
other post[s], many others), is to exercise your brain fully (math->arts) as
that is what will give you the best quality of life. Why? Because
life is about problems, their conquest, and then more problems. Maybe you can't
answer this yet, but who has/had a more meaningful life, George W. Bush or A. Einstein?
And why?

I hope, not necessarly you, but at least some one will not look at this
as wasted bandwidth.

> Give it up, Adam.  Every time you open your mouth in this thread, you
> amplify your ignorance.

Like an op-amp or a lens? :-]