Re: Debian QA: active or not?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 12:13:11PM +0000, xsdg wrote:
> Is anybody who receives packages@qa.debian.org mail alive?  The most recent
> forwarded and/or fixed (excluding NMU) bug that I found was filed in
> December.  As far as I can see, there are two grave bugs, each over 30 days old,
> 2 serious policy violations, and 6 important bugs filed within the past 20 days,
> all of which are seemingly untouched.
>
> I filed my important bug (#138995) 9 days ago.  In those nine days, I haven't
> heard or seen any action on that bug.

A package maintained by QA has been orphaned. That means there isn't a
maintainer. If someone's feeling energetic and interested they may work
on the bug, but if not the package will simply be removed from the next
release if it is too buggy. Setting the maintainer to debian-qa doesn't
mean that a package that no one cared enough about to maintain will
suddenly get a lot of attention; instead, it's the last stop before the
package is dropped.

--
Mike Stone