Re: Debian's problems, Debian's future

> > > I'd suggest using diffs, as this brings the best results and is the
>
> [diffs for Packages files that is]
>
> > wooo!!!
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~dancer/Packages-for-main-i386/
> >

> > # Time for suggesting is up, please implement.
>
> Indeed, it appears it has been implemented more than once.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200111/msg01303.html
>
> (I use apt-pupdate all the time now, it works for me (tm))

Sorry, diffs are simply silly! Use rsync with the uncompressed Packages
file and diffs aren't necessary. Or use a packer which doesn't hinder
rsync from saving (gzip --rsyncable).

If you really care about bandwide, build a local mirror with my download
script (option -A) and see that apt accesses the local mirror first when
updating. I dare to assert that this is currently by far the best
solution for saving bandwide.

O. Wyss

--
Author of "Debian partial mirror synch script"
("http://dpartialmirror.sourceforge.net/";)