Re: SDL up for adoption

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 11:00:47AM -0500, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> The stuff I worked on is less of this case, however with some of the
> older stuff a /lot/ of people ended up the dynamic version to get things
> working better on newer systems.
>
> That said, a good bit of that was linked against 1.0.x and IIRC may have
> some problems with current libs anyways, I'd suggest talking to some of
> the other ExLoki guys about it.
> (Knghtbrd, if you need to you can ask me on IRC who might be good to
> ask.)

Sam indicates all of the Loki releases were static linked against SDL, but
some were offered with a -dynamic bin which in many cases won't run on a
Debian box anyway due to a Red Hat acknowledged fuckup regarding shared
XEL's they were foolish enough to ship.  =p

We can discuss details (and further ridicule Red Hat) off-list.  ;)

> > I would really prefer to avoid having legacy old-broken-SDL libs on
> > just two or three archs if it can be avoided.  SDL is a fairly big lib
> > as it is without maintaining also a limited second copy which is
> > promised to become obsolete soon, so I'm hoping you're right.
>
> Ugh, quite.

As already indicated, it seems unnecessary, touch wood.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          I swallowed your goldfish

<knghtbrd> (tinc)
<Espy> (ytitac)
<knghtbrd> (ntinac)
<Espy> (it)
<knghtbrd> (in)
* Espy notes talking in acr^Winitialisms is scary when the other side
  understands you