Re: SDL up for adoption

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 04:31:18PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Also, the point made in #136237 seems wise to me.
>
> You don't recall this discussions on this list in October and November
> of last year about this very issue?

Well, I haven't forgotten it anyway.  I've talked with Sam Lantinga about
the patch before and he's agreed that it needs to be applied upstream.  He
didn't have time just then to figure out a transition strategy, however.
I'll see if I can nail his feet down long enough to actually formulate
one.  It might take a week or so, Sam's not the most accessable guy these
days.

This will probably involve bumping sonames (it is an incompatible change
after all) and I have absolutely no idea what this is going to mean for
the Loki games yet - chances of recompiles for most of them are probably
pretty slim.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          If this sig were funny...

The Unixverse ends on Tue, 19 Jan 2038 03:14:07 +0000