Re: Package splitting and upgrades

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 02:19:46PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> In my experience, announcements don't go very far on -devel.  People are
> set in their ways and have a lot of inertia for the ways they already do
> things.

Not to mention the fact that it's extremely easy to miss a single
posting on -devel.

> It might help the visibility of some of these projects.  I've heard
> people complain more than once that dpkg-reconfigure is a great thing,
> but that they wonder how anyone is supposed to know about it.

Sounds like a good idea.  It also helps if the package actually gets
installed into the archive (as you've done with PGI) - it's much easier
to try something out if you can just install it as you would any other
package.