Re: The new installer

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 12:16:55AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Interesting how the exact rationale is undocumented. Or at least I can't
> find it anywhere.

IIRC, the reason used to be that closing a bugreport would cause it to
expire and be deleted in 28 days, and this should not be done without
giving the maintainer the chance to review the bug.

Obviously, deleting bugreports was wrong in the first place, and since
we no longer do that, that reason is gone.

I also never understood why we pandered to "maintainers" that took more
than a month just to review an NMU...

Richard Braakman