Re: The new installer

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:31:43PM -0500, Brian Mays wrote:
> Indeed.  Personally, I would rank "faster feedback on changes in bug
> status" as the most important trade off and a significant advantage
> of the new system.  Why should others be working to fix a bug that
> has already been fixed in an uploaded package that has not yet been
> processed?  They should not, and the problem should be marked as
> resolved by closing the report.

That's why someone else suggested that the bugs be marked "fixed".

If you close bugs immediately, before new versions of the package are
available, then you run the risk of people submitting duplicate bug reports.
Granted, that's not as much of a waste of time as if two people were working
on the same bug, but given that people generally don't work on bugs "out of
the blue", (unless they are NMU'ing), but rather with close communication
with the package maintainer, I don't think that's as much of a concern.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>