Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 04:23, Michael Neuffer wrote:
> A Debian equivalent to the BSD "make world" would solve this part
> of the problem.

Why does everyone keep complaining about make world?  With all the great
packaging tools that debian already has, I dont think this would be hard
to iplement.  do a dpkg --get-selections and then use that to get build
dependancies(making sure you record which ones you install) then compile
all the packages, install them, and then purge the build depends.  After
this everything should be cool. It might require a restart if the kernel
was reinstalled, but other than that, the system would be totally new.
Hell if I get sometime in the next few days Ill do this if no one else
has.  All Im saying is that this doesnt look hard to do so why doesnt
someone do it already and stop complaining.  If Im wrong please feel
free to flame me into submition.

--
-Scott Henson

shenson2@wvu.edu