Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 11:31:19AM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> Then how come we haven't considered one yet?  Joel specifically
> mentioned FreeBSD at the beginning of this thread.  I use that OS daily
> in my job, and yes, they have a *vastly* better release process than

I do not use FreeBSD, never did, so maybe you can explains something to me.
Once I was told that their release strategy is something comparable to
another layer put on top of testing in our pool. Or trying to phrase this in
Debian terms, if a package is in testing for let's say 3 weeks without a
release critical bug it goes into stable automatically and once they release
they just take the actual stable. Is that correct? If so, what do they do
with release critical bugs coming up in stable? Restore the last bug free
version from backup if possible?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes