Re: Not earlier than... [was: Re: [2002-02-16] Release Status Update]

Grzegorz Prokopski <greg@sente.pl> wrote:
[...]
>>> The question is "how _soon_ is soon ?".
>>> So my question would be - how do You fill in such sentence:
>>> "Woody will not be released sooner than XXXXX from now."
>>> What would You put there instead of XXXXX ?
>>> a month ? two ? three ?

>> As far as buggy packages are concerned, no sooner than two weeks from
>> now. The NI roll out will take at least that long, and a couple of
>> packages (viz openssl, gpg, openssh, postgresql) will need to be moved
>> at that point. It will actually take a little longer than that, but not
>> enough that there's any time left for procrastination.
> OK, so hopefully Woody is gonna be released in the middle march...
> Right when I was expecting it (4 months ago).
> That's not TOO much time left, but we're finishing our work too.
[...]

It'll probably take two weeks to finally get base and
standard-packages free of RC-bugs, and imvvvvvvvho at least another 2
months for the rest (to either make bug-free or remove). I do not
expect woody sooner than End of May.
                    cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest _tin_