Re: It's Huntin' Season

> 	Then we have major differences of opinion here. I do not think
>  that ls is a configuration option for my bash session, since ls is
>  not run when I start bash.

Right.  And if I have an emacs program "foobiebletch", and I want some
autoloads installed, the installation of those autoloads is *NOT*
"running foobiebletch".

Code that installs those autoloads is not configuration information.

> 	I think that when add on packages are installed in emacs, that
>  changes the behaviour of my editor from the default upstream
>  behaviour, something I may have been used to on other machines, and
>  these added changes must be configurable.
>
> 	If you truly do not see the distinction, we are at an impasse.

Of course I see the distinction--don't be *that* patronizing!  You've
been assuming I don't see something.  Wrongo!

What is the difference is the amount of importance we ascribe to the
distinction.

> 	Which programs behaviour is changed by ls? Does it run on
>  shell startup? Does it run without user intervention?

In my example above, nothing is *run* by installing the autoloads for
foobiebletch.  Do you use emacs a lot?